About Family Support
Family Support provides planned interventions and services that aim to strengthen and support children, youth and their families through delivery of a range of contracted home-based, family centered, education and skill building support services. Our goals are to promote the protection and well-being of children in their home; prevent, reduce or eliminate behaviors that may place a child or family at risk; prevent the out-of-home placement of a child; improve family functioning; and enhance family supports and community networks.
Family Support strategies include, but are not limited to:
- Staff working together with families to establish and achieve agreed upon goals.
- Arranging and supervising visits of non-residential parent(s), grandparents or other significant persons in a child’s life.
- Providing one on one recreational opportunities and counsel to youth
- Building capacity to enhance / increase factors that promote mental health, well-being and resiliency within the family unit.
- Providing support and advocacy for pregnant / post-partum women struggling with alcohol and/or substance use via First Steps.
Supervision for parental visitations and transfer of children between parents/caregivers are also available by Fee for Service. Contact us to find out more.
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER – FULL TIME
Family Support program(s) funding provided by: