LINKS is here to help you as the first point of entry for services for children and families. If our staff don’t know the answer we will find someone who does. We will advocate for you and connect you to the people that you need. LINKS works with community members and agencies to make sure families needs are met.
We can help you:
- Find community information on housing, child care, schools,
medical needs, banking…
- Filling out government forms and applications
- Newcomer Services and support – including translation and interpretation
- With family crisis by giving support and referral information
- Learn about, and guide you through, often confusing government systems
- By giving you a free copy of the Local LINKS Booklet
- Access support groups
- Register your child in school
- By planning opportunities to gather, learn about Canadian culture
and practice speaking English
- With Family Community Support Worker
- With case management
- With home visits to families with children ages 3-5 through the
HIPPY (Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters)
Our services are free, confidential, and available in a number of languages such as Amharic, Cambodian, Dinka, English, Filipino, French, Harary, Hindi, Lingala, Mandarin, Spanish, Oromo, Punjabi, Somali, Swahili and Urdu.
LINKS program(s) funding provided by:
* In addition, your charitable donations/investments help us to maintain and enhance LINKS programs that support children and their families. Your donations directly support program operations.