Are you motivated, self-sufficient and have a passion for preventing Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)? If so, the SPEC Association has a two day a week, part-time term position as a First Steps PCAP Advocate until the end of March 2021, with a strong possibility of extension. A First Step Advocate provides support, advocacy, home visitation and case management services to women who are pregnant or up to twelve (12) months post-partum who are wanting to make positive changes to their lives. All participants in this program have identified themselves as having used, or are currently using, drugs and/or alcohol. Roles and responsibilities include the ability to teach and model effective coping strategies, create enhanced social support networks, competence in crisis intervention, behavior management and awareness of healthy child development. The successful applicant will be assisting in facilitating a fun, educational, possibly virtual, group once a week for the participants in the program, intended to build healthy relationships. The successful candidate will also assist in promoting and educating throughout the rural and surrounding communities around Brooks. This program requires a highly flexible schedule and independent work. Come join the SPEC team and make a difference in a person’s life as well as in the community.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Education in a human service area (i.e. Social Work, Psychology, Child and Youth Care, Rehabilitation, Theology, Public Health, etc.), SIM Check and RCMP Check.
- Computer proficiency
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills/Organization & time management skills are a must
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License, no Graduated Drivers Licenses (GDL)
- $2M liability vehicle insurance
- A clean driver’s abstract (last 3 years)
- Current RCMP and CYIM checks (within the last 6 months)
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit resumes to: Maureen Andruschak
The SPEC Association for Children and Families
327 – 3rd Street West Brooks, AB T1R 0E7
- 403-362-5056 F.403-362-5090 Email. email@example.com